Cowork Frederick is kicking off the new year with a return of our monthly round table discussions aimed at freelancers and micro-businesses.
What’s this round table? Picture 10 people sitting around a table, sharing their experiences and knowledge on a specific topic. It’s not a presentation or panel of “experts”. You don’t have to be an expert to participate. You just need some knowledge of the topic to be able to contribute to the conversation, as well as ask questions.
Each session lasts about an hour (max) and begins with introductions. Here’s an example:
- Facilitator: “OK. We’re here to talk about business structure. Let’s go around the room so everyone can introduce themselves, say a little about their business, and how their business is currently structured.”
- (everyone does an introduction)
- Facilitator: “Great! Let’s dive in a little. Most people are operating as an LLC. Mary – why did you choose to incorporate your business?”
- (Mary answers and questions from others are asked and a conversation starts)
- Facilitator: “Is anyone planning to change their business structure and, if so, why?”
- (and so on)
Interested? Let us know what you want to talk about in 2023.
Round Table Topics
This will go on for 30-45 minutes and then we’ll wrap up, leaving time for people to talk one-on-one and exchange contact info if they are so moved.